Vietnamese translation and interpreting services in Singapore
Vietnamese and English don’t have much in common. But clear communication between the two is possible. Asian Absolute’s highly sought-after Vietnamese translation and interpreting services give businesses in Singapore and Vietnam the ability to easily convey their message. Even across a language gap as large as this.
This stays the same no matter whether you’re a Singaporean company targeting the 75 million speakers in Vietnam – or the sizeable Vietnamese population in Singapore. Or you’re a Vietnamese-speaking business seeking to market your goods and services outside of your own rapidly growing domestic market.
Translating and interpreting from English to Vietnamese or Vietnamese to English requires a creative approach. A deep understanding of the cultural differences between Singapore and Vietnam. As well as the skill to retain the same stylish, authoritative message of your original text.
With Asian Absolute, you’ll get a native-speaker linguist who’s also a specialist in your subject matter. Precisely who you need to do exactly that.
Why choose Asian Absolute?
You’ll get the native-language linguist you need to communicate in another language with authority and confidence.
On top of that, you’ll know that your linguist is an expert in your field. If you need a technical manual translating, for example, your translator will have relevant engineering experience or qualifications. For a legal meeting, your interpreter will have knowledge of that particular field of law.
Complex terminology? Industry-specific phrases? Not a problem.
- Rely on industry-approved ISO:9001 quality standard services
- Equally useful for persuasive, accurate Vietnamese to English and English to Vietnamese communications and for professionals who speak either language
- Work with a specialist in your field, from banking to biology, marketing to manufacturing…
- Get fast action on even short-notice projects – expect 24-hour work on your project until it’s quality-approved and ready for use
- Count on the level of project management expertise which makes Asian Absolute an award-winner in this field
Asian Absolute helped FTChinese.com in the challenging task of building a world-class translation service. They provide top quality, personal service.
I was extremely impressed by Asian Absolute’s hard work to complete the project to our high standards and within a very tight timeframe.
Many thanks for your help and also for providing an interpreter for the week, she was absolutely fantastic and a real life-saver!
Guinness World Records
Why your Vietnamese translation services may require transcreation
Transcreation is a more creative method of translation. Rather than trying to retain the phrasing used in your original document, the transcreation process prioritises conveying the same message, tone and feeling as your source communication. Asian Absolute highly recommends that this is the approach you use for any Vietnamese translation services you need for your marcomms. Why?
Because of the dramatic differences between Vietnamese and English, this freedom to interpret your source text is necessary. By way of illustration, these differences include but are not limited to:
- Inflection – Vietnamese does not inflect to show case, plural or possession.
- Verbs – English verbs show tense through conjugation. Not so Vietnamese.
- Word order – is not very flexible in English. In Vietnamese, it is.
- Articles – English has clear differences between the definite and indefinite articles. Vietnamese does not.
- Pronouns and possessives – exist in English, unlike in Vietnamese.
Get the right Vietnamese interpreters for any situation
Do you need consecutive or simultaneous Vietnamese interpreters for a business meeting in Singapore? Or in Vietnam? To support your conference, presentation or speech? Or to enable you to conduct an interview or appointment?
Asian Absolute provides carefully chosen linguistic specialists for all assignments. In the same way as we select the specialist for your written Vietnamese translation services in Singapore, your oral interpreter will always be someone who is:
- A master of both languages – enabling you to speak with confidence to any group or individual. Or to facilitate the communication needs of any person or team.
- An expert in your particular field – engineering. Manufacturing. Finance. Law. Life sciences. Advertising. Business. Whatever your expertise, your interpreter will share it.
- A match for your particular situation – do you need to give a speech to an audience? Facilitate a multilingual business meeting? Or arrange an appointment where sensitive information will be discussed? Your linguist will always have matching experience.
- Deeply familiar with etiquette, body language and more – from helping you follow niche colloquialisms to knowing what behaviour is expected in a conversation, your linguist will help smooth the way in any given situation.
This is especially important for languages as disparate as Vietnamese and English. The former has up to six tones which change the meaning of words. The latter has glottal stops, plosives and grouped and voiceless consonants which the former largely lacks. In addition, most words in the former language are only one syllable long. The longest word in English has nineteen.
This all makes for a very large gap to cover. One for which a highly skilled communicator is the only real solution.
The most effective choice for your Vietnamese to English translation – and more
Only a native-speaker linguist will let you render your original message in a way which is sure to resonate with your new target audience. This is true for Vietnamese to English communications as well as for English to Vietnamese.
Asian Absolute is almost unique among Language Service Providers for using English native-speakers if you’re targeting an English-speaking market. They’ll also be native to the particular market you’re targeting. In this case, usually Singapore.
You can also rely on Asian Absolute to facilitate communication between any of the other languages spoken in Singapore:
Talk about your language requirements with a professional, 24/7
Give us a call at your convenience. Lay out all of the details of the Vietnamese translation services you need in Singapore – or which target Singapore – and then get a free, no-obligation quote.
You can get commitment-free information about which dialects are the best for you. And how to tailor your service so you get precisely what you need. Whenever you get in touch.
Request a quote
Frequently Asked Questions
What language is Vietnamese most similar to?
Many people would argue that Vietnamese has the most in common with Thai. This may be because both languages were heavily influenced by Chinese (long influential across all of South-East Asia) or by their long, low-level exposure to each other.
However, the two languages actually belong to different language families. On top of this, they use different writing systems and are spoken mainly in different regions.
How many languages are spoken in Vietnam?
Vietnamese is one of the most linguistically diverse countries in the world, with 110 languages and dialects being officially recognised.
Vietnamese itself has three major dialects – Northern, Central, and Southern – and in addition to large numbers of speakers of Chinese and French, minority languages with fairly sizeable populations of speakers include Cham, Hmong, Khmer, Muong, Nung, and Tay.
How is Vietnamese written?
You write Vietnamese using the Latin alphabet with tone and inflexion being indicated by diacritics.