Voiceovers support for businesses in Singapore
Whether you’re releasing a blockbuster movie, a corporate DVD, or a staff training video in a new market, it’s imperative to get the localisation right. That’s why we provide these all-in-one voiceover and dubbing services for clients in Singapore.
It’s the easy way to get all of the specialists you need to effectively localise your video project, no matter its scope.
Why are accurate, localised dubbing and voiceovers so important?
Video is perhaps the most powerful medium for transmitting information or telling a story. But subtracting from that power with poorly localised voiceovers or dubbing can be a distraction at best, and immensely confusing for the viewer at worst.
This can completely destroy the earnings potential of foreign language versions of your films. Or it can lead to instructional DVDs or videos which are anything but informative.
What you get with Asian Absolute
You’ll be able to quickly and easily decide on and locate the resources you need to create any sort of dubbed or voiced-over video file.
This is possible for all sizes and purposes of file. From cost-effective media designed to be deployed via YouTube or other video-sharing platforms through to entire feature films for distribution via DVD or other physical formats.
For over seventeen years, artists, companies, and individuals from all over Singapore, the UK, the US, Europe, Asia, the Americas, and across the rest of the world have used Asian Absolute’s dubbing and voiceover services. Here you’ll find both the experienced project managers and connections necessary to source local talent for any video content.
- Vocal professionals matched to your project – you’ll be paired with voice talents suitable for your budget and target audience, from locally famous names to more cost-effective options.
- Specialists in every global language – whatever language you need to hire voice talent in, we have the necessary contacts and experience to source the right timbre, style, accent, age, gender or accent for you.
- Banking-grade security procedures – your project might contain proprietary information relating to how your company delivers its market-leading services, for example. We protect your data zealously.
- 24-hour support with every project – thanks to our global office network, we always have someone standing by to give you the support you need.
Asian Absolute helped FTChinese.com in the challenging task of building a world-class translation service. They provide top quality, personal service.
I was extremely impressed by Asian Absolute’s hard work to complete the project to our high standards and within a very tight timeframe.
Many thanks for your help and also for providing an interpreter for the week, she was absolutely fantastic and a real life-saver!
Guinness World Records
Voiceover, dubbing, or subtitles?
Localising film or animation involves translating speech and adding it to the video either as subtitles or as localised voiceover or dubbing. The choice of which is most suitable will depend on the market and the purpose of the video.
When judged against subtitling services for project suitability, voiced-over or dubbed content is often chosen when:
- Videos include a lot of action or onscreen graphics, from which subtitles might distract.
- Video content is likely to be displayed on mobile devices, which have smaller amounts of screen space.
- Videos are designed to be watched by children, who might not be able to read subtitles quickly enough.
Professional voice talents for any project
With Asian Absolute, you can choose from a full spectrum of professionally trained voice talents, most of whom regularly record for TV commercials and programs produced in their own country. We can connect you with a broad range of local talent at varying rates to suit the scope of your project, such as:
- Well-known local celebrities, actors and radio presenters
- Cost-effective options such as drama students
We’ll help you select an artist whose voice conveys the right image for your project. For clients who want to outsource the entire process, we can provide voice directors and book studios, as well as handling the post-processing and integration with video.
Alternatively, we can simply arrange for the voice talent to attend a studio session that you have arranged.
Do I need voice-over services or dubbing?
Though they’re sometimes thought of as essentially the same thing, voiceovers and dubbing are actually quite different:
A voice-over is generally performed by a single actor. They will record the properly localised version of your original content, and then the track will usually be put in place over the original audio. This is most often done while allowing for a second or two’s delay between the original file and the voice-over content. The original audio is generally still audible at a reduced volume but can be eliminated altogether when necessary.
Voice-overs are most suitable for: documentaries, news broadcasts, e-learning courses, and training or instructional videos.
Dubbed audio, on the other hand, will see an entire cast of voice actors acting out the scene, putting as much emotion and expression into the recording as there is in the original sound file. This requires a considerable amount of talent to do effectively, as the emotions and the expressions used must click with the local target audience in the same way as the original performance would have. Dubbed content will usually replace the original audio in its entirety.
Dubbed content is most suitable for: feature films and television shows.
Your script and your service
To ensure expensive studio and voice talent time is not spent fixing translation errors, we strongly advise ensuring that you have a professionally translated script. You can read more about our translation services here, should you need them.
With our full service, you’ll get:
The effective localisation of your script into the target language.
Sourcing of the right local vocal talents.
Professional recording of the localised script.
Positioning of the new audio performance in the video.
Quality Assurance and checking.
A note on Quality Assurance
You’ll almost certainly have watched a badly dubbed video at some point, so you’ll know how frustrating poor quality can be to an audience fluent in the target language.
For this reason, part of our Quality Assurance procedure will always be a check performed by expert translators who are native speakers of your target language. This makes certain that there are no errors, and that all content is properly localised and will make perfect sense to any viewer in that language.
Request a quote
Frequently Asked Questions
What is dubbing?
Dubbing is the act of making video content accessible to other audiences by adding a new audio track in the relevant language.
What are the different types of dubbing?
There tend to be two broad categories of dubbing:There tend to be two broad categories of dubbing:
- Voice-over – a voice-over is, as you might expect, a voice which speaks over the top of the original audio recording. The latter can still be heard underneath. You will almost certainly have seen interviews with sports stars and politicians with this kind of dubbing.
- Dubbing – dubbed content often replaces the original audio performance entirely. The goal will usually be to make the new performance match the lip movements of the actors. This is often called lip-synced dubbing.
How long does dubbing take to produce?
If you need to know precisely how long your project will take to complete, please do contact us for a free, no-obligation estimate.
A rough estimation would be that it takes one hour of studio time to create five minutes of voice-over, or slightly reduced amounts of lip-synced dubbing. Additional time for equalising and cleaning the new audio track should also be factored in.
How can I be sure my translated script is suitable for dubbing?
Translating a script ready for dubbing calls for careful attention in order to accommodate:
- Different mouth movements of actors (such as pauses or obvious lip shapes, such as a Q sound)
- The length of the speech or syllables in speech
- To match what is being shown on the screen, important even for off-camera narration
If you’re unsure how to prepare your dubbed script, consider our transcription and translation services. This guarantees that your dubbing project will be as cost-effective as possible. Studio time is expensive to waste.
How do I choose the right voice talent?
We will always be able to match you with the right vocal talent based on your budget and goals for your project.
You can listen to existing talent samples from our database. We can also offer new talent suggestions with samples for you to listen to.
What formats do you work in?
We work in all common file formats – MP3, WAV, AIFF – as well as almost any other major file format you care to name.
How much will my dubbing or voice-over cost?
Contact us at any time to get a free, no-obligation quote. Send us any details about your project that you can – existing audio files or draft scripts can be enough – and we can provide you with a clear estimate.